Thursday, July 27, 2006

Starbucks in the Rain

Growing up in Arizona I used to sing, "Rain, rain come and play. Go away another day." So this morning when I woke up to a thunderstorm, I knew it was going to be a great morning. I opened up the blinds and the sliding door and listened to the rain and the thunder. When the girls woke up, they were awed by the storm (we haven't had many in their short lives). I had the spur of the moment idea to take them to Starbucks, while still in their jammies (I was motivated by the fact that we were out of coffee filters -- I could have worse addictions). Megan thought that was great. We went and Megan ordered her own drink without help for the first time (kids vanilla milk, no ice, with whipped, flat lid) and we sat outside under the awning. After a little while (when the rain let up) Megan wanted to dance in the rain. She did and Emily soon followed. I just sat watching them, savoring my mocha and my daughters. It reminded me that the most important things in life are the little things.

2 comments:

  1. ...these are all the great reasons we should all live in Seattle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this whole thing! I can get a dose of my family anytime I want! Ah, modern technology, gotta love it! And I love you for going to the time and trouble to put this all together.. Thank you Sara and Tony, you both are the greatest and I love you bunches. I am so proud of you both. You are wonderful people, great Christians and patient, caring and loveing parents. God has blessed you with much. I love you all, Mom Star

    ReplyDelete