Tuesday, April 15, 2008

No More Diapers

Warning: the following entry is not for the faint of stomach or people who haven't had kids. I will spare you the pictures though.

As a mom, I may have changed my last diaper! Quite an accomplishment considering I've been at it for almost 5 years straight, with 1 1/2 years having two in diapers. True to Emily's personality, no matter what I tried, she wasn't going to potty train until she was ready. Finally, yesterday she was ready. My goal was before her birthday (which was 2 weeks ago), last week I tried and she just wet and pooped all day in panties no matter if I was using rewards to entice her or punishment to deter her. But yesterday, in Target (while wearing a pull-up), she told me she had to go poo-poo, and we haven't had an accident in two days (and counting).

She is loving going from my frustration with her to my lavishing rewards on her. Fortunately for her, since her first major accomplishment in Target, which meant immediately getting Emily her own big girl panties (Mickey Mouse Clubhouse in case you are interested). And tonight we just got home from a date at Coldstone (Megan is at soccer practice with a friend).

Now, I'm not in denial that we may have some accidents in the future, but I am already dreaming about what I can do with all the money I don't have to spend on diapers and wipes anymore. Whoo hoo!

1 comment:

  1. Don't kid yourself...you'll just spend more money using Couponsense just because something is a great deal!! J/K!

    ReplyDelete