Monday, February 01, 2010

The Fly Lady

Most people make New Year resolutions on January 1st. New year, new start, makes sense, right? But this year I decided to be different. I think that sometimes the hype of January 1st leads to over zealous resolutions that set us up for failure. So this year I am choosing today, February 1st to start my new resolution.
The idea actually came about two weeks ago while I was with some girlfriends. We were talking about how to keep on top of our house and daily chores, so that your house is always ready to invite a friend over to build relationships. Not that it has to be "model home" perfect, but clean enough to be able at anytime to say, "Hey, do you want to stop by to chat and let our kids play?" and at the same time make it a place of comfort for your family.
My friend Erika said that she's been using a website called The Fly Lady to help her accomplish those goals. So, I used last week to go through the site and check it out, but today is my first official day of starting my Baby Steps. It's about setting up regular, daily habits to keep your home under control.

http://www.flylady.net/pages/begin_babysteps.asp

1 comment:

  1. I love Fly Lady! I have been doing it for a couple of years and it makes an enormous difference! The shiny sink really does make a huge difference!
    Make sure you sign up for the daily emails, they help!

    ReplyDelete