Monday, July 19, 2010

It Goes By So Fast

I know it's cliche to say that it goes by so fast, but it does. I never would have believed you back when I had a newborn and a one year old. But in a week, I'm about to have an empty nest as Megan starts 2nd grade, and Emily heads off to full day Kindergarten. Emily has been my daytime buddy for two years since we sent Megan off to school, and now I'm going to be all alone. I'm going to miss them so much! But Emily is so excited to start. We have her backpack, new shoes, and an adorable first day of school outfit. We have Kindergarten Kick-off on Wednesday night (meet the teacher), and she can't wait!

And, I'm only going to have an empty nest for a few months, before our home is filled with toddler giggles again, but I'm still going to cry my eyes out next Monday when I have to drop them off. Thank goodness Tony is taking the day off to make it special for the girls (all three of us).

No comments:

Post a Comment