Friday, August 29, 2008

Please Help Daddy to Get Some More Cash

We have had some financial changes over the past year and a half that have caused us to really buckle down on our spending. We had found that we were being eaten alive by $5-$20 purchases that really added up by the time our credit card bill came each month. So, with advice from some of our close friends, we are trying a cash system, and it really does make us stop and think before each purchase more than just handing over our credit card did. But, with that, I have also curtailed trips to Chick-Fil-A, McDonalds, and other little treats for the girls with the answer that we just don't have the money for that today.

Well, every morning we pray about our day as we drive to school. We pray for each member of our family to have a good day, we pray for Meg's teacher Mrs. Andersen, we pray for Megan to be a good friend and show love, and anything else that comes up. I'm driving along and listening to Megan pray and hear her say, "Please help Daddy to get some more cash." I'm not really sure what to read into that. I question her a bit after she prays and she tells me it's so that Daddy can do his best and get more cash for our family so we can pay for our things.

Now I'm over analyzing, wondering if a 5 year old should have to worry about our financial situation, or if we are doing a good job at teaching financial responsibility. In any case, I called Tony and told him to call me if he should happen to get a raise today, and suggested that maybe he should buy a lottery ticket. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment