Friday, May 08, 2009

Our "New" Boat





After our weekend at Roosevelt Lake, Tony was itching for a boat of our own. He's been searching Craig's list and last week found just the boat to fit our family (and our budget). It's nothing too fancy, a 1982 ski/fish boat, but we are looking forward to many great memories on the lake with our family and friends. It has seating for 6, plus an open bow (which I'm sure will be my favorite part).
Today was filled with MVD for the trailer, Game and Fish (twice) to change the registration, and Bass Pro Shop (for a ton of stuff that Tony said we needed). I even got my fishing license today so we can fish on the boat as well. The boat was owned by a guy and his dad as a fishing and play boat, so although it is structurally sound, it needed a good cleaning, and that's just what we've been doing all afternoon.
We were very lucky that my parents got Megan an early birthday gift (plus Emily had some birthday money left) so we could have it for tomorrow: new pink and black life vests for the girls (I hated the red one that Megan wore at Roosevelt) and a 3 person towable intertube! We are so excited.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Yes...Needed. :-) Now there were other things I picked up, but...those will have to wait for another day.

    ReplyDelete