Today I celebrate 6 years of being a stay at home mom. Although Megan's 6th birthday isn't until May 19th, it was May 6th when I went to my OB appointment and was immediately put on bed rest. It was quite a shock since I wasn't due until June and had intended to teach through the end of the school year. I was so worried about bringing in a sub unexpectedly and was not prepared since it was the end of the year and we were working on social studies and science projects. Those kids probably didn't have the most educational last few weeks of school, but they are now ending their sophomore year of high school, and I'm sure they recovered just fine.
But I was on bed rest for 13 days (including my 25th birthday-I did get to go to Olive Garden, but I had to keep my feet propped) until the real adventure began on May 19th when Meg was born. Then Tony and I had to head back to my classroom with baby Megan and pack everything up.
We have made a lot of financial sacrifices in order for me to be at home, there are a lot of wants that we have chosen to go without, but I am so thankful for Tony's love and support through the years and couldn't imagine our lives any other way.
Like today. Wednesdays are my Bible Study morning, but Emily just wanted to stay home and play. And that's just what we are doing. We've played Play-Doh, read books, and now we are sitting on the couch watching Martha Speaks. Who knows what's next? We'll have some lunch, maybe play on the water slide, and naps with my snuggle bug. I love my job!
But I was on bed rest for 13 days (including my 25th birthday-I did get to go to Olive Garden, but I had to keep my feet propped) until the real adventure began on May 19th when Meg was born. Then Tony and I had to head back to my classroom with baby Megan and pack everything up.
We have made a lot of financial sacrifices in order for me to be at home, there are a lot of wants that we have chosen to go without, but I am so thankful for Tony's love and support through the years and couldn't imagine our lives any other way.
Like today. Wednesdays are my Bible Study morning, but Emily just wanted to stay home and play. And that's just what we are doing. We've played Play-Doh, read books, and now we are sitting on the couch watching Martha Speaks. Who knows what's next? We'll have some lunch, maybe play on the water slide, and naps with my snuggle bug. I love my job!
It is the best job in the world, no material trade is worth what we get to experience!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your day!
Love, Angie
Awww..yay. That was a great post, Sara. I can't believe Megan is almost 6! I remember her when she was a baby. :)
ReplyDeleteI never understood what a stay at home mother entails, until I visited my niece and her little one. I have a new found respect for SHM's! It is a lot of work.
Have a great day.