Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Freezer Meal Exchange




I have a friend who is part of a freezer meal exchange group, and when she started to talk about how great it is and how much she loves it, I just had to give it a try. (In fact, her group is the wonderful group of women who made all these wonderful meals for us as we were preparing to bring Allison home, and they have been, and continue to be, such a blessing.)

So the idea behind a freezer meal exchange is that you make multiples of one meal (in our case we are exchanging between 7 women this month), freeze them, and then when you need dinner at 5:00 and all craziness is breaking loose in your home, you pull out a meal that is ready to go in the oven (or in this case, defrost and reheat because it's fully cooked). This month I made my homemade chili, and actually had to make it in two batches to make my six bags to freeze and we'll trade on Friday morning when the other girls come to my house.

I am so excited, and hope that it helps my sanity as well frees up our evenings for more family time. It also saves money when you can buy the supplies in bulk or use items that you were able to stock up on when they were on sale. And you know that I love saving time and money (and my sanity). :)

No comments:

Post a Comment