Monday, March 08, 2010

Laundry Day


Each Monday morning Emily goes to my parents' house so I can alternate between a Bible study leaders' meeting and helping in Megan's classroom. But, because of scheduling this week, I found myself alone without any commitments this morning. So in spite of all the wonderfully fun things I could have done with a few hours to myself, I stayed home and did laundry.


After almost 7 years in my current career field (stay at home mom), you'd think that I could tackle something as easy as washing, drying, folding, and putting away a few clothes each week. But more often than not, I feel like I am drowning in a sea of laundry!


So, my dear friends, how do you accomplish your laundry? Do you do a load a day? Do you have a set day each week? Do you wait for your children, husband, or yourself to run out of clean underwear then you start to think that maybe you should wash something?


Leave a comment and start the discussion. :)


Now, I've killed enough time on the computer. So, you guessed it, back to my laundry.

7 comments:

  1. A load a day... the Flylady way!
    Sometimes I do more, depending on what we've done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do all the laundry on the weekend unless we are heading out of town then I start it on Thurs or Friday evening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do all the laundry on the weekend unless we are heading out of town then I start it on Thurs or Friday evening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have a set laundry day but I usually find myself doing it about every 4th or 5th day and my average is about 7 loads unless it is clean sheet day, then it's more like 9. Now that the kids are older, they are responsible for putting all their clean laundry away so all I have to do is wash it, sort it and then hand it off. I put away Michael's stuff but since I lay our clean stuff on our bed, it has to be put away before we go to bed. I usually start hearing that someone doesn't have clean socks and then I know it is laundry day. Or in the boys case, they run out of pants. I am ready for shorts season because they have more shorts than they do pants and they wear flip flops, not socks. Is summer hear yet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do laundry 3 set days of the week: Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday. 2 loads on both Tuesdays and Thursdays, 3-4 on Sundays (linen day). And yes, in summer, there seems to be less laundry thanks to no socks and smaller items of clothing (shorts take up less room than pants, and tank tops and t-shirts take up less room than sweatshirts and sweaters).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I try to do laundry once a week, starting on Sat. and finishing it by Monday night. I sort on Sat., do loads on Sunday between church, family time, etc. and then finish any undone loads on Monday. The I have my older too sit in front of the T.V. with me and we fold Monday afternoon/evening. They are all responsible for putting away their own clothes except of course the baby. This has worked well until I got sick again and I am behind this week big time! I do hate laundry! It has taken me forever to figure out the best system. But if I had to do it everyday I think I might go crazy because I dislike it so. I would like for it to take only one day but I have given up on that. Too many other things in a day that has to be done and I get distracted with those and I think that is why it takes two-three days. Oh well, Doing it with a happy heart makes God pleased! I need to remember that when I am in the middle of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Crazy! Lots of work when I`m at school.:)

    ReplyDelete