We love our church! For the past month the 1st-4th graders have been learning the song, "Today Is the Day" so that they could wave their palm branches and sing their praises to our King on this beautiful Palm Sunday. As a mom, it brough me to tears to see Megan singing her praise, just as the people did 2000 years ago.
Matthew 21:1-11, 14-16
The Triumphal Entry
1As they approached Jerusalem and came to Bethphage on the Mount of Olives, Jesus sent two disciples, 2saying to them, "Go to the village ahead of you, and at once you will find a donkey tied there, with her colt by her. Untie them and bring them to me. 3If anyone says anything to you, tell him that the Lord needs them, and he will send them right away."
4This took place to fulfill what was spoken through the prophet:
5"Say to the Daughter of Zion,
'See, your king comes to you,
gentle and riding on a donkey,
on a colt, the foal of a donkey.' "
6The disciples went and did as Jesus had instructed them. 7They brought the donkey and the colt, placed their cloaks on them, and Jesus sat on them. 8A very large crowd spread their cloaks on the road, while others cut branches from the trees and spread them on the road. 9The crowds that went ahead of him and those that followed shouted,
"Hosanna to the Son of David!"
"Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!"
"Hosanna in the highest!"
10When Jesus entered Jerusalem, the whole city was stirred and asked, "Who is this?"
11The crowds answered, "This is Jesus, the prophet from Nazareth in Galilee." ...
...14The blind and the lame came to him at the temple, and he healed them. 15But when the chief priests and the teachers of the law saw the wonderful things he did and the children shouting in the temple area, "Hosanna to the Son of David," they were indignant.
16"Do you hear what these children are saying?" they asked him.
"Yes," replied Jesus, "have you never read, " 'From the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise'?"
Today Is The Day: by Lincoln Brewster
Oh oh oh oh, Oh oh oh oh, Oh oh oh oh
(here we go) x3
I'm casting my cares aside
I'm leaving my past behind
I'm setting my heart and mind on you
Jesus
I'm reaching my hand to yours
Believing there's so much more
Knowing that all you have in store for me is good
Is good
Today is the day you have made
I will rejoice and be glad in it
Today is the day you have made
I will rejoice and be glad in it
And I won't worry about tomorrow
I'm trusting in what you say
Today is the day
Oh oh oh, Oh oh oh
(today is the day)
Oh oh oh, Oh oh oh
I putting my fears aside
I'm leaving my doubts behind
I'm giving my hopes and dreams to you
Jesus
I'm reaching my hands to yours
Believing there's so much more
Knowing that all you have in store for me is good
Is good
Today is the day you have made
I will rejoice and be glad in it
Today is the day you have made
I will rejoice and be glad in it
And I won't worry about tomorrow
I'm trusting in what you say
Today is the day
Oh oh oh, Oh oh oh
(today is the day)
Oh oh oh, Oh oh oh
I will stand upon your truth
I will stand upon your truth
And all my days I'll live for you
All my days I'll live for you
And I will stand upon your truth
I will stand upon your truth
And all my days I'll live for you
All my days I'll live for you
Today is the day you have made
I will rejoice and be glad in it
Today is the day you have made
I will rejoice and be glad in it
And I won't worry about tomorrow
I'm giving you my fears and sorrows
Where you lead me I will follow
I'm trusting in what you say
Today is the day
Oh oh oh, Oh oh oh
(today is the day)
No comments:
Post a Comment