I'm just a normal, everyday, suburban, stay at home mom. I'm doing the best I can to love my Jesus, my husband, and my three precious daughters. Thanks for reading our story.
Thursday, February 24, 2011
I Prayed for This Child
I think that adoption takes a different kind of faith than pregnancy. Pregnancy is a wonderful miracle, but you have your child with you through the journey. With adoption, your child is apart from you for the entire process, and in our case, on the other side of the world. It brought prayers and tears like nothing else in my life ever has. Thankfully, my God really has the "Whole World in His Hands" and even when we didn't yet know Allison and when we had to leave her for those 8 long weeks, she was in His care.
So it was with great joy that we were able to stand before our church to thank Him for our wonderful blessing and to pledge to raise her in a loving Christian home.
PS-The title of this post comes from 1 Samuel 1:27 "I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of Him." It's the verse that we have on Allison's bedroom wall. You can see pictures here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I know, Alli is such a wonder to us.I love you.-Megan
ReplyDeleteI love you!You are the best Mom ever!-Emily