My "friend" (in a Proverbs 31/blogstalker sort of way), Renee Swope, just posted this Facebook status:
Watching Curious George and finalizing materials for upcoming women's events. Hopefully I won't accidentally quote the"man with the yellow hat" in any of my handouts or small group questions.
Which made me think, that even a curious monkey and a man with a yellow hat can teach us something about God. In Curious George I am reminded that God is patient with us, loves us, and forgives us, even when we try to do things our own way and mess everything up. And time and time again He rescues us and will end our teachable moment with a hug.
So, all my mommas of preschoolers friends, what is a God lesson that you can learn from PBS, Nick Jr., or Playhouse Disney?
Leave a comment and let's put all of this stored up knowledge about Dora, Handy Manny, and Sid the Science Kid to good use. (There might even be a prize.)

I love this idea!! I'm watching the Curious George movie with Aster right now, so I'll watch with spiritual eyes and let you know my "aha" moment when it's over.
ReplyDeleteoh man! I really wanted to comment, but can't b/c we don't watch much tv. Will read your comments for suggestions of what to watch when we do watch though.
ReplyDeleteChristi
The man with the yellow hat teaches me so much about God's patience, perspective and unconditional love. George teaches me about laughter, childlike faith and embracing the adventure of every day life, in every detail it holds!
ReplyDeleteRenee Swope