Wednesday, December 17, 2008

December 17


Today I did something very out of character for me. Megan slept in late (she is usually up at 6:15 and was still sleeping at 7:30), so I made the decision that her little body was exhausted from all the excitement and full day Kindergarten and let her sleep. Then, I decided to let her stay home from school and join me, Emily, my mom, Alexis (my sister-in-law), and my grandma and grandpa for a morning of shopping and lunch. I miss her so much when she is at school and she has missed so many family activities lately (plus she is excelling at school) that I decided that family took priority today. Don't get me wrong, I did (and still am) suffer with former teacher guilt for letting her skip school, but we had a great day.
Part of our day was to stop and see Santa. I'm afraid that this may be Megan's last year of Santa. But, she was excited to see him and played along. I think because she still wants to believe.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. From one former teacher to another I think family is more important. School is not the end all be all of the world. You all had a great memory today, rejoice in the family bonding time you experienced. NO MORE GUILT even the best teacher knows everyone needs a break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, seriously....that chair looks COMFY!
    It's okay if the kids skip school once in awhile, as long as the parents know, than it's okay.
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say go for it now... it's only kindergarten, and Megan could probably teach the class. :) The workload gets much heavier around third or fourth grade, and it's way harder to pull them out then. I bet she won't soon forget the special day! Hmmm..... I think I'll arrange a day to have Hannah "skip" after the Christmas break so I can spend some time alone with her. Don't tell on me!

    ReplyDelete