I'm just a normal, everyday, suburban, stay at home mom. I'm doing the best I can to love my Jesus, my husband, and my three precious daughters. Thanks for reading our story.
Wednesday, October 20, 2010
The Evolution of a Mom
It is kind of strange to be jumping into mommy-hood with a 14 month old. Certain things aren't gradual, but we jump right into stages that I was able to ease into with my other two.
One of those things is Allison's food. In Ethiopia the guest house made her food, and while we traveled we gave her mostly bottles of formula because of ease while traveling. But she is a full fledged eater, and today at Wal-mart I had sticker shock at the price of jarred baby food.
So here's my confession of my evolution as a mom.
Megan got homemade baby food because it was so much healthier and the best for her and that's what "good moms" do.
Emily got jar food because I had two babies under two and some days I was just surviving.
Allison gets homemade baby food because it's cheap.
Today I started with peas, and bought the ingredients for a few more varieties. And I actually enjoyed making it today and love all the parts of having a baby in our house again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment