I'm just a normal, everyday, suburban, stay at home mom. I'm doing the best I can to love my Jesus, my husband, and my three precious daughters. Thanks for reading our story.
Thursday, October 28, 2010
Hair
Having an Ethiopian daughter, I have had a lot of concern over what to do with Allison's hair. It is a question I am asked often, and my theory was not to worry until she was home, and then I would figure it out. Well, it hasn't been that easy so far. She is squirmy, and doesn't like to sit to have her hair done. But we (Tony is surprisingly great at doing hair) need to keep trying to figure it out because I want her to know that she is absolutely beautiful and to not feel that she has a horrible disadvantage because she has a white momma.
Interestingly, Sesame Street just covered this topic as one of the puppeteers has a 5 year old Ethiopian adopted daughter and he also wanted to teach his daughter to embrace her beauty, and it has gotten a lot of positive publicity, especially in the Ethiopian adoptive community.
So Allison, know that no matter what, we know that you are absolutely beautiful. But also know that I have a lot to learn still to meet all your needs, and this is going to be a work in progress, but I'm not going to give up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment